Office location: Boulder, CO
Stillwater Sciences seeks a highly-motivated senior-level Restoration Engineer to serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team working on process-based river restoration design and implementation projects, watershed assessment and planning studies, fluvial geomorphic investigations and general water resources management projects, throughout the west and Pacific Northwest. Our Boulder, Colorado team has entry-, mid-, and/or senior-level positions available. Applicants wishing to work out of Stillwater’s Berkeley, CA, Los Angeles, CA, or Portland, OR offices may also be considered.
Experience with the following is required:
- Project Management
- Direction, senior engineering guidance, and engineering Quality Control (QC) review of:
- AutoCAD Civil3D drafting that includes grading, creating and working with surfaces, and design drawing production
- 1D hydraulic modeling in HEC-RAS, specifically modeling channel and floodplain hydraulics
- 2D hydraulic modeling
- Mapping and analytical tasks in ArcGIS
- Construction specifications and cost estimates development
- Technical reports and proposals development
- Lead on field data collection and analysis related to habitat restoration, geomorphic assessment, and water resources management
- Lead on engineering, geomorphic, hydrologic, and/or ecological assessment, analysis, and design
- Excel spreadsheet models
Experience with the following is preferred:
- Process-based river design and analysis
- Large Wood (LW) analysis and design
- Watershed planning
- Writing code, including use of R
- Total station and RTK GPS survey equipment
- Construction oversight for restoration and mitigation projects
- Microsoft Office Suite
Qualified applicants are required to possess:
- BS or MS in engineering with 10+ years of engineering-related work experience
- Current PE certification (positions with LA office require CA PE certification and experience working with the City of LA and other Southern CA clients)
- Demonstrated excellence with verbal and written communication
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to organize resources, analyze data, and confidently interact with project team members
- Interest in process-based analysis and design, if engineering experience has not specifically been in the process-based approach
- And be passionate about rivers and furthering river science and the practice of river restoration
Download a PDF of this announcement.
Compensation and Application Details:
- Full-time position(s) in Boulder, CO.
- Stillwater Sciences provides a competitive compensation package including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, and full health and dental care.
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Please send a cover letter describing experience (including requested salary range), work examples (e.g., example designs, drawings, or Basis of Design report) with a resume, in MS Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note “CO – Restoration Engineer – Senior Level” in the subject line.
- Resumes without a cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered.
- Positions will remain open until filled.