Office location: Los Angeles, CA
Stillwater Sciences seeks a highly-motivated mid-level Restoration Engineer to serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team working on process-based river restoration design and implementation projects, watershed assessment and planning studies, fluvial geomorphic investigations and general water resources management projects, throughout the west and Pacific Northwest. Our Los Angeles, California team has entry-, mid-, and/or senior-level positions available. Applicants wishing to work out of Stillwater’s Berkeley, CA, Boulder, CO or Portland, OR offices may also be considered.
Experience with the following is required:
- AutoCAD Civil3D drafting that includes grading, creating and working with surfaces, and design drawing production
- 1D hydraulic modeling in HEC-RAS, specifically modeling channel and floodplain hydraulics
- Mapping and analytical tasks in ArcGIS
- Field data collection and analysis related to habitat restoration, geomorphic assessment, and water resources management
- Geomorphic, hydrologic, and/or ecological assessment or analysis
- Project Management
- Writing sections of technical reports and proposals
- Excel spreadsheet models
Experience with the following is preferred:
- 2D hydraulic modeling
- Writing code, including using R
- Lead on field data collection and analysis related to habitat restoration, geomorphic assessment, and water resources management
- Lead on geomorphic, hydrologic, and/or ecological assessment or analysis
- Process-based river design and analysis
- Large Wood (LW) analysis and design
- Experience in urban stream restoration, Threatened and Endangered (T&E) species recovery, integrated multi-benefit park/wetland/lake rehabilitation, stormwater engineering, trails and park design, fish passage, and dam removal. Experience in Los Angeles River and Santa Ana River watersheds is a plus.
- Total station and RTK GPS survey equipment
- Development of construction specifications and cost estimates
- Construction oversight for restoration and mitigation projects
- Directing development of and technical review of technical reports and proposals
- Microsoft Office Suite
Qualified applicants are required to possess:
- BS or MS in engineering or physical sciences with 4+ years of practitioner experience
- CA PE licensed civil engineer
- Demonstrated excellence with verbal and written communication
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to organize resources, analyze data, and confidently interact with project team members
- Passion about rivers and furthering river science and the practice of river restoration
Download a PDF of this announcement.
Compensation and Application Details:
- Full-time position in Los Angeles, CA.
- Stillwater Sciences provides a competitive compensation package including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, and full health and dental care.
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Please send a cover letter describing experience (including requested salary range), work examples (e.g., design drawings), with a resume, in MS Word or PDF format to: email@example.com.
- Please note “LA – Restoration Engineer– Mid-Level” in the subject line.
- Resumes without a cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered.
- Position will remain open until filled.