Office location: Boulder, CO
Stillwater Sciences seeks a highly-motivated entry-level Restoration Engineer or Geomorphologist to serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team working on process-based river restoration design and implementation projects, watershed assessment and planning studies, fluvial geomorphic investigations and general water resources management projects, throughout the west and Pacific Northwest. Our Boulder, Colorado team has entry-, mid-, and/or senior-level positions available. Applicants wishing to work out of Stillwater’s Berkeley, CA, Los Angeles, CA, or Portland, OR offices may also be considered.
Experience with the following is required:
- 1D hydraulic modeling in HEC-RAS
- Mapping and analytical tasks in ArcGIS
- Excel spreadsheets
Experience with the following is preferred:
- AutoCAD Civil3D drafting, especially including grading, creating and working with surfaces, and design drawing production
- 1D hydraulic modeling in HEC-RAS, specifically modeling channel and floodplain hydraulics
- 2D hydraulic modeling
- Writing code, including R code
- Sediment transport modeling and/or analysis
- Field data collection and analysis related to habitat restoration, geomorphic assessment, and water resources management
- Total station and RTK GPS survey equipment
- Geomorphic, hydrologic, and/or ecological assessment or analysis
- Development of construction specifications and cost estimates
- Construction oversight for restoration and mitigation projects
- Writing sections of technical reports and proposals
- Microsoft Office Suite
Qualified applicants are required to possess:
- BS in engineering or physical sciences with 1+ year of practitioner experience or MS in engineering with 0+ years of practitioner experience
- EI/EIT certification or ability to obtain in 1 year (engineer candidates only)
- Demonstrated excellence with verbal and written communication
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to organize resources, analyze data, and confidently interact with project team members
- And be passionate about rivers and furthering river science and the practice of river restoration
Download a PDF of this announcement.
Compensation and Application Details:
- Full-time position(s) in Boulder, CO.
- Stillwater Sciences provides a competitive compensation package including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, and full health and dental care.
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Please send a cover letter describing experience (including requested salary range), writing sample, with a resume, in MS Word or PDF format to: email@example.com.
- Please note “CO – Restoration Engineer-Geomorphologist – Entry” in the subject line.
- Resumes without a cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered.
- Positions will remain open until filled.