Office location: Berekely, CA
Stillwater Sciences seeks a highly motivated, take-charge Office Administrator to help coordinate day-to-day operations for our 30-person Berkeley office, which is also our corporate headquarters. This position is a full-time, Monday–Friday, 8:30 am–5 pm set schedule. This position is the “face of the office” for all employees and vendors. Stillwater seeks someone who appreciates doing a job well and values employee morale by helping to provide a fun and comfortable workspace
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a superstar at juggling multiple priorities and deadlines
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing job duties within a loose hierarchy
- Find enjoyment and connection working with an academically minded group of scientists who are passionate about what they do
- Be a jack-of-all-trades, where no job is too big or too small
- Be a creative problem-solver
- Able to take initiative on projects and follow them through until the end
- Have a positive attitude
- Be able to “read the room” and act on changing needs of employees
- Can plan and execute fun events: we love to take breaks from work and enjoy each other’s company
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A can-do, service-oriented attitude
- A healthy dose of confidence, initiative, creativity, and drive
- Superb time management
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Communication skills (both verbal and written)
If this describes you, then please read on for a great opportunity to work with people who love what they do and have a great time doing it!
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for office stocking and upkeep, staff support, and vendor relations.
- Front desk related duties – greet visitors, answer and direct phone calls, web-conferencing (Skype and Teams), mail distribution, business-related errands, and supply ordering.
- Maintain common areas, office equipment, printers and computers.
- Data entry, filing, and report production assistance.
- Report formatting/editing, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat (PDF) support.
- Plan, coordinate, and breakdown company functions and office morale events (from large all-staff gatherings to intimate happy hours).
- Book and coordinate marketing and project-related travel for employees.
- Arrange courier services and shipping (mainly FedEx and UPS).
- Conduct scientific literature and database searches.
- Post documents to our Intranet/Sharepoint.
- Provide focused support to the President & CEO.
- Provide as needed support to Accounting, Human Resources, Marketing, and Information Technology departments.
Required qualifications include:
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to effectively multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
- Willingness to assist in both administrative and technical arenas.
- Exposure to or experience in environmental science or an environmental organization is a plus.
- Confidence to interact with all levels of staff, agency representatives, and vendors in a professional and courteous manner.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook).
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability and motivation to use creativity and logic in dealing with a broad range of situations.
- Versatility to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Personal integrity and sound judgment, especially when working with confidential information.
- Have a clean driving record and active driver’s license – having a car of your own will be very helpful.
Compensation, and Application Details:
- Full-time position with benefit package after 3 months.
- The salary range is $18-$21/hour, depending on education and experience.
- Stillwater Sciences provides a competitive compensation package including a 401(k) plan and full health and dental care.
- Please send a cover letter describing experience (including your requested salary range), with a resume, in MS Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resumes without a cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered.
- Position will remain open until filled.
Download a PDF of this job description here.