Office location: Berkeley, CA
Stillwater Sciences seeks a GIS Analyst to work in our Berkeley office and provide support to river restoration and watershed analysis projects throughout the western U.S.
The GIS Analyst will:
- Perform GIS spatial analysis tasks
- Automate spatial tasks in support of resource specialists with Python and Arcpy
- Process, automate and analyze large volume datasets from photogrammetry and LiDAR
- Create/maintain metadata documentation
- Perform quality assurance and quality control of geospatial data
- Develop and maintain webmaps and spatial web mashups
- Support mapping & figure production, when needed
- Work as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team of geomorphologists, biologists, and other professional staff
- Juggle multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines in a timely manner
Qualified applicants should possess:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in GIS, Geography or other physical science, and five years of work experience, preferably in a consulting environment. Knowledge of other physical or biological sciences.
- Experience with ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop 10.7/ArcGIS Pro 2.4, ArcGIS Online software, QGIS, and a solid understanding of spatial data manipulation and formats including Arcpy. Experience in Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, LiDAR processing, and watershed and hydrologic modeling.
- Experience with electronic data collection and processing (ArcGIS Collector, Trimble Pathfinder Office, Terrasync).
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D, Agisoft Metashape, or Geocue LP360 software a plus.
Compensation and Application Details:
- Full-time position in Berkeley, CA.
- Stillwater Sciences provides a competitive compensation package including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, and full health and dental care.
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Please send a cover letter describing experience (including your requested salary range), work examples (e.g., maps, webmap links, models) with a resume, in MS Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
- Resumes without a cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered.
- Position will remain open until filled.