Office location: Arcata, CA
Stillwater Sciences seeks a highly-motivated Restoration/Civil Engineer to serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team working on habitat restoration planning, design, and implementation, as well as general water resources management projects, throughout California and the Pacific Northwest.
The Engineer will be responsible for some or all of the following:
- Writing sections of technical reports and proposals
- Design tasks in AutoCAD Civil3D
- Hydraulic modeling in HEC-RAS
- Mapping and analytical tasks in ArcGIS
- Field data collection and analysis related to habitat restoration design and water resources management
- Development of construction specifications and cost estimates
- Construction management for restoration and infrastructure projects
Qualified applicants should possess:
- BS in engineering with 2+ years of engineering-related work experience or MS in engineering with 1+ years of engineering-related work experience
- EIT certification and ability to obtain a PE within 1-2 years
- Experience working with AutoCAD Civil3D including surfaces, grading, and plan layout
- Experience modeling stream channel hydraulics using HEC-RAS
- Experience with a total station and RTK GPS survey equipment
- Experience with ArcGIS including a fundamental understanding of digital terrain surfaces and mapping tasks
- Proficiency in Excel
- Ideal candidate will have experience with construction management and oversight
- Demonstrated excellence with verbal and written communication
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to organize resources, analyze data, and confidently interact with project team members
Availability, Compensation, and Application Details:
Fulltime position with benefits. Stillwater Sciences provides a competitive compensation package, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, and full health and dental benefits.
Out-of-town work required (including field, meetings, and conferences).
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample in MS Word or PDF format to: email@example.com.
Please indicate “Restoration/Civil Engineer” in the subject line. Resumes without a cover letter and writing sample will not be considered.
Applications will be reviewed until February 16, 2020, or until filled.
Electronic submissions preferred.