Office location: Davis, CA
Stillwater Sciences seeks a highly motivated, mid-level environmental scientist/project manager based in Davis, CA to serve as a member of an inter-disciplinary team working on fisheries, aquatic ecology, habitat restoration, water quality, and water resources management projects throughout California.
The Scientist/Project Manager will be responsible for some or all of the following:
o Representing Stillwater in public forums on technical and resource management issues
o Project management, including coordinating staff and schedules, scoping, progress reporting, and budget development and tracking
o Client communication, marketing, and proposal preparation
o Consultant team member communication and coordination
o Developing study designs
o Field monitoring and resource inventory for fish, amphibians, invertebrates, and aquatic habitat
o Performing aquatic, riparian, or water resource evaluations and impact assessments
o Analyzing and presenting data; programming experience in ‘R’ is desirable
o Preparing technical reports and regulatory applications
o Complying with NEPA/CEQA/FERC or other regulatory requirements
o Participating in interdisciplinary teams for watershed assessment, resource inventory, impact analysis, and natural resource management planning projects
o Performing literature and database searches
Qualified applicants should possess:
o MS in Biology, Ecology, Geology, Water Resources, or related field; or BS with 4+ years’ experience in the environmental field
o Expertise in California ecology
o Familiarity with hydropower projects or licensing, or with the
associated resource issues
o Experience managing projects or major tasks, and coordinating or leading teams of staff on field or analytical tasks
o Demonstrated excellence with verbal and written communications with clients, team members, and the public. Written documents should require minimal editing.
o Willingness to travel and work long hours in the field or office if project needs require
o Proven ability to work well with groups
Availability, Compensation and Application Details:
• Fully-benefited position that includes a 401(k) plan and full health and dental care. Company ownership available after eligible criteria are met through an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
• Out-of-town work required (field, meetings, and conferences)
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Please send a cover letter with a resume and writing sample in MS Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
• Please write “Davis Environmental Scientist/PM” in the subject line
• Resumes without a cover letter and writing sample will not be considered
• Resumes and Cover Letters will be reviewed on a continual basis until the position is filled
• Electronic submissions preferred.