Office location: Davis, CA
Stillwater Sciences seeks a highly motivated, mid-level environmental scientist/project manager based in Davis, CA to serve as a member of an inter-disciplinary team working on fisheries, aquatic ecology, habitat restoration, water quality, and water resources management projects throughout California.
The Scientist/Project Manager will be responsible for some or all of the following:
- Representing Stillwater in public forums on technical and resource management issues
- Project management, including coordinating staff and schedules, scoping, progress reporting, and budget development and tracking
- Client communication, marketing, and proposal preparation
- Consultant team member communication and coordination
- Developing study designs
- Field monitoring and resource inventory for fish, amphibians, invertebrates, and aquatic habitat
- Performing aquatic, riparian, or water resource evaluations and impact assessments
- Analyzing and presenting data; programming experience in ‘R’ is desirable
- Preparing technical reports and regulatory applications
- Complying with NEPA/CEQA/FERC or other regulatory requirements
- Participating in interdisciplinary teams for watershed assessment, resource inventory, impact analysis, and natural resource management planning projects
- Performing literature and database searches
Qualified applicants should possess:
- MS in Aquatic Biology, Ecology, Water Resources, or related field; or BS with 4+ years’ experience in the environmental field
- Experience managing projects or major tasks, and coordinating or leading teams of staff on field or analytical tasks
- Expertise in California ecology
- Familiarity with hydropower projects or licensing, or with the associated resource issues
- Demonstrated excellence with verbal and written communications with clients, team members, and the public. Written documents should require minimal editing.
- Willingness to travel and work long hours in the field or office if project needs require
- Proven ability to work well with groups
Availability, Compensation and Application Details:
Fully-benefited position that includes a 401(k) plan and full health and dental care. Company ownership available after eligible criteria are met through an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
Out-of-town work required (field work, meetings, and conferences).
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send a cover letter with a resume and writing sample in MS Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include “Davis Environmental Scientist/PM” in the subject line.
Resumes without a cover letter and writing sample will not be considered.
Resumes and Cover Letters will be reviewed on a continual basis until the position is filled.
Electronic submissions preferred.